The idea of wearing safety footwear while working all day has become the norm of every worker. A couple of best composite toe work boots can ensure the maximum safety as well as comfort during tough work time.
Feet protection is vital for everybody who works in outdoor, industries, and construction sites.
Composite toe shoes are known to be non-metallic and lighter boots as opposed to steel toe shoes.
Despite that composite toe boots are not metallic, they provide your feet with the latest protection forms. Most of these boots are made of falling loads and poky objects that are strong material equipped with additional features like protection against electrical shocks.
The shoes are not only lightweight but also equipped with the best protective features. Here are the top 10 most preferred composite work boots in the market we have chosen for you carefully.
Our Favorite Composite Toe Work Boots
- Bestseller No. 1
- Bestseller No. 2
- Bestseller No. 3
10 Best Composite Toe Work Boots Reviews- 2021
The boots we listed here are lighter and give you maximum safety in your working area. With the high number of composite boots in the market, choosing the best boot is an uphill task. After doing a market analysis and consumer’s review, we have the top-list composite boot.
1. WOLVERINE Men’s Overpass 6″ Composite Toe Waterproof Work Boot
Wolverine men’s boot is one of the top American footwear brands in the market today that has received a 5-star rate. Just like other models from Wolverine, this Men’s Overpass 6″ is uniquely designed to improve performance.
The medium price boot has several comfortable and resistant features of all sorts. With the 400-gram weight of Thinsulate, the boot provides you with appropriate foot protection in cold weather. With the rubber sole, you are assured of high flexibility.
The boot shaft measures 6″ from the arch; hence your ankle is well protected from any hazard. From our testing, we found out that the premium waterproof is resistant to oil, water, and slips, and hence you are guarded against sliding surfaces. Your feet get a lot of great comfort due to the removable cushioned Ortholite foot that supports your feet all day.
- Flexible rubber sole
- There is a removable Ortholite insole that is cushioned to provide all-day comfort
- Abrasion-resistant carbon toe cap
- 6-inches shafts from the arch for ankle protection
- Measures 400 grams of Thinsulate for ideal cold weather use
- Stylish premium waterproof leather
- Oil, rubber, abrasion, and chemical resistant soles with good traction
- It has a well-cushioned insole
- Protects you from water, chemical, slips, and oil
- Made of high-quality and durable premium leather and rubber soles
- The construction is not great
2. ROCKROOSTER Work Boots for Men, Composite/Soft/Steel Toe Waterproof Safety Working Shoes
Rockrooster work boot is a tested and proved cheapest outdoor boots uniquely designed in a style that you can rely on all day as you carry out your work. The boot uses a welt construction design to help one to hold up when working on heavy-duty works.
It combines whole claret grain tumbled leather and Coolmax fabric to increase its performance. Rockrooster boots make life easy as it combines both stylish and comfortable. The material is strong enough to use the boot in hiking and wear them every day, all day.
The top side is made of water-resistant and full-grain leather. The inner leather section features a Coolmax performance fabric which allows air circulation into the feet hence keeping it healthy.
The boot also features a shock-absorbing and a dual-density footbed ideal for cushioning your feet in every step. The cushion takes your feet shape, and it hugs well to give you’re a comfortable feel as you keep working. With the boot, you have all the enjoyment within your work.
- Shock-absorbing footbed midsole
- Dual-density outsole PU/PU injection
- The upper side is made of full-grain leather
- Enhanced toe support
- Made with excellent cushioning to protect your feet
- It is durable
- It comes with a stylish design
- It comes with an extended warranty of 180 days
- The cool max system technology helps to drain away moisture
- It is water-resistant and warm
- The brand isn’t supper known
- The Polyurethane outsole isn’t much durable
3. LARNMERN Steel Toe Boots, Men’s Work Safety Outdoor Protection Footwear Industrial, and Construction Boots
The LARNMERN steel toe boot is a tried and true all-day working boot that you need not miss. This less-known boot has all the comfortable features that you need in your work. The boot has improved durability, a strong steel toe that protects your feet from fall objects, oil-resistant traction, and an improved upper part.
The boot is anti-puncture and anti-smashing; this is due to the steel toe cup and puncture-proof midsole that meets the required standards. The boots are also made from a combination of leather, TPU, and Mesh.
The materials are lightweight but durable, and you can wear them throughout the day. With the oil-resistant and slip-resistant safety features, you can work in demanding areas in a relaxed and comfortable way as there will be no slippery. The slip-resistant safety is achieved through the good traction that the outsole has.
The insoles are designed so that they have anti-static wires that act as a shock absorber to electricity. The upper is made with reflective strips that improve the safety of the boots. Finally, the midsole is made in a way that absorbs moisture and allows air circulation.
- Made of leather mesh, Rubber sole, and TPU
- There are a reflective strip and slip-resistant features
- The steel toe that is anti-smashing and anti-puncture
- Shock absorbing midsole
- They are comfortable
- It is made of durable
- They are stylish and are of good quality
- The boot is padded nicely hence easy to put on and take off
- Not approved by CSA
4. Timberland PRO Men’s Helix HD 6″ Composite Toe Waterproof Industrial & Construction Shoe
Timberland pro composite boots are other top-quality work boots that give you the joy and comfort you need in your work. The Helix boot features a cowhide on the upper is made of a waterproof material that doesn’t allow any water to enter the boot.
The boot’s inner side is padded well to add comfort and offer extra foot protection as you work. The good thing about it is that it features an anti-fatigue technology that can withstand your weight throughout the day.
The contoured insoles also provide extra protection to the heels and feet. The boot is lightweight and work-ready protection. Within the inbuilt are comfort technologies, oil-resistant soles, and electrical hazards that ensure you get maximum performance from the boot.
The 6-inch work boot has the best stylish and craftsmanship that is appealing before the eye.
- Made of 100% leather and rubber sole
- Features a well-molded rubber toe
- Dual-density dynamic anti-fatigue technology footbed
- A mesh lining has an anti-microbial treatment
- Safety composite toe
- The shaft measures approximately 6-inch ankle-high from the arch
- It is lightweight
- Made of durable material
- High comfort and performance
- Waterproof and electrical hazard
- Keeps the foot dry in all condition
- The boot tread peels easily when exposed to some surfaces.
5. Timberland PRO Men’s 8″ Boondock Comp-Toe Waterproof Work Boot
Timberland is one of the top boot brands available in the market, and that is of top quality and style. Timberland PRO Men’s Boondock 8-inch composite safety toe is one of that well-designed models whose design and safety are beyond what you can imagine.
The PRO Boondock 8 is made of durable 100% synthetic brown tumbled leather and synthetic sole. The rubber toe guard is abrasion-resistant and urethane outsoles that are thick enough to support your bodyweight all day. The technology provides additional stability required while working.
The anti-fatigue technology is an outstanding feature that acts as a shock absorber that helps keep your feet safe and secure. The response nature of the anti-fatigue technology can return the energy while working or walking quickly.
- It has a synthetic outsole
- The upper side is made of leather
- The shaft and heel measure 10.25 and 2.25 inches, respectively.
- Titan composite safety toe for protection and superior fit
- Dual-density PU midsole that incorporates anti-fatigue technology
- Cold formula TPU outsole that has good traction lugs
- Strong and durable
- Has anti-fatigue technology that provides enhanced comfort
- Has a designed stylish outlook
- Waterproof leather resistant and membrane
- Abrasion-resistant rubber toe
- The heel is somehow attached to the cement construction.
6. Timberland PRO Men’s Drivetrain Mid Composite Safety Toe Electro Static Dissipative Athletic Work Boot
With the lightweight, this timberland brand provides you with a variety of durable, anti-fatigue features, and it looks to be the modern boot that you will wish to have. The boot is well designed and reinforced to be able to withstand the most demanding works.
It features rugged leathers and rubber with aggressive treads that increase comfort and improve performance, especially in hiking. The footwear style can stand any rigors work that you are exposed to.
The insoles are incorporated with an electrical hazard protection system, comfort technology. The boot soles are oil and slip-resistant, and this helps to improve the optimal performance all day.
The 6-inch design boot is a result of outstanding craftsmanship with quality and durability. All the boot features proved to have purpose and can perform well in all environments exposed to.
- Made of 100% synthetic soles
- The shaft that measures ankle-high from the arch
- Anti-Fatigue technology polyurethane footbed that is useful in shock absorption and energy return
- Safety toe powered by carbon shield technology.
- Abrasion-resistant Mesh for breathable performance
- TPU toe that enhances protection and durability
- Electrostatic system for electrical hazard
- Lightweight and ready for feet protection
- It is made from materials that are durable
- Breathable lining that absorbs moisture and anti-microbial treatment
- Oil and slip-resistant
- Modern style that is easy to handle
- The boot durability is questionable
7. Carhartt Men’s 8″ Waterproof Composite Toe Leather Logger Boot CML8360
Carhart Men’s eight waterproof composite toe leather is a go for boot for all those who want to enjoy extreme comfort and safety. The boot comes with a modern stylish with a Crazy Horse Brown oil-tanned leather and rubber sole with good traction that can support you on any surface.
The inside of the leather is a waterproof membrane that keeps your feet dry even when working in a wet area. The boot features a PU Strobel pad that cushions your insoles as its shaft is exactly 7-inches from the arch with a heel of 2 inches. The molded TPU heel provides stability to your ankles.
The outsoles have excellent traction though it is somehow limited to slippery and oil surface. The protective feature of the boot is a top-notch one as compared to other boots. There is a composite safety toe that is a non-metallic and electrical hazard that provides additional protection.
- Heel stabilizer system that provides ankle stability and boosts the lifelong of the heel
- Electrical Hazard system that provides secondary protection
- Chemical, slip, and oil resistant
- Storm waterproof breathable membrane for protection
- 100% leather and rubber sole
- Shaft and heel of 7 and 2 inches, respectively
- Excellent stylish look
- It has a rubber guard cap toe that protects the feet
- Storm defender coating that protects your feet from moisture
- The boot is somehow costly
8. Carhartt Men’s CMF6366 6 Inch Composite Toe Boot
The rugged flex technology is one of the remarkable things that Carhartt Men’s CMF6366 offers to your feet. The boot is designed to provide you with support and protection in your key areas while bending, and this ensures that you are not slowed down as you keep on working.
The rubber sole used to make the boot brings you the necessary warmth and a welcoming shock absorber. Its midsole is made out of EVA, an advanced technology that is lightweight and good at cushioning your feet.
It also has an insole that is soft but good enough to cushion and bring more comfort. With all that great features, the boot has water, slip, and oil resistance which are appealing and warmer.
Your feet are protected against compression hazards as the boot features the composite safety toe that meets ASTM F2414-18 standards. Electrical hazard has been included as the secondary feet protection whenever you come into contact with electrical circuits.
- Made of rubber sole and 100% leather
- Rugged flex technology
- Cement made Carhartt powerful flex outsole
- Shaft measures ankles from the arch
- Composite safety toe that meets required standards
- Electrical hazard
- The rugged flex technology allows you to stretch and move with ease throughout the day.
- Perfect rubber sole that has good shock-absorbing traction in any environment
- Durable and long-lasting
- Resistant to slips, oil, and water
- Cushioned insole and midsole
- The leather quality isn’t that good
9. Carhartt Men’s 6″ Energy Black Waterproof Composite Toe CME6351 Industrial Boot
Carhartt is one of the top footwear producers for both heavy and light duty work boots. One of the most comfortable and excellent among the many boots is the Carhartt men’s 6 Energy. The boot offers superior foot protection and comfort all day.
The advanced footbed delivers unmatched fit and comfort. It features a storm defender made from a waterproof membrane that keeps your feet dry all day. The membrane is breathable in that it allows airflow and circulation within the feet.
It also has secondary electrical protection against accidental electrical contact of 1800v, and it meets ASTM 2413-11 EH safety standards. Carhartt is a boot that withstands various environments as it is chemical resistant, heat, oil, slip, and abrasion-resistant.
This provides you with the best protection and performance in your work. The boot’s quality is unquestionable, and it is crafted from a black oil-tanned leather top, dual foam midsole great outsole, among other great features.
- Black oil tanned leather top
- Advanced and engineered footbed
- The storm defender waterproof membrane
- Electrical Hazard protection
- EVA midsole that has a double Foam Insite technology footbed
- Cement constructed outsole that has Carhartt Ground Force Technology
- Abrasion and chemical resistant
- Chemical, oil, water, and abrasion-resistant
- The breathable membrane that allows airflow and circulation
- 100% leather that offers excellent protection and durability
- The electrical hazard protection meets ASTM standards
- Cement construction
10. SAFETOE Work Safety Boots for Men & Women, Black Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boots Insulated Work Safety Shoes for Industrial Construction
SAFETOE work boot is one of the less known boots, but it is one of the best boots with high-quality foot protection that you need not miss. The boot has a unique creative design that perfectly matches your clothing.
The cow leather-made boot features a wide steel toe cap that is flexible and resistant to puncture. The boot has the best protection that I have ever come across on boot. The midsole inserted is steel anti-nail which makes it anti-puncture resistant and keeps your feet safe.
Its outsole is made of slip and oil-resistant; it is dual-density PU soles. It is also heat resistant and resistant to wear.
The insole has a thickness of 0.59inches, making it ideal for shock absorption. They are also breathable in that it allows your feet get fresh air hence relaxing, it is also soft and comfortable.
- Full unique smooth cow leather
- Electrostatic discharge midsole that meets the ASTM standards
- Breathable insole mesh lining for air circulation and flow
- The flexible steel plate that is puncture resistant
- Anti-fatigue technology
- Perfect design that matches your clothing
- It has an ideal steel toe cap that is flexible
- The midsole is anti-puncture to ensure you have received the best safety.
- It is slip, oil, and water-resistant.
- Breathable insoles that ensure there is constant airflow to the feet
- It is lightweight
- The price isn’t friendly compared to services provided
Best Composite Toe Work Boots Buying Guide
Whether you are working indoor or outdoor, the risk of things going wrong is unpredictable at any moment. Thus, it is good for you to have the right composite toe work boot all day. With the high number of boots in the market, it is good to know which one is the best.
Here are the things to look at
The material used to make the boot
The material that is used on the boot determines the quality of your composite toe boots you will have. The boots with full-grain leather material on the upper in this case are ideal because the material is strong and can protect your feet easily as you keep on working.
However, the material is somehow heavy as opposed to other material. The outsole should also be tough to stand the high temperature, oil, and water.
Uncomfortable boots make you compromise with your work. A comfortable boot has a good cushion and absorbs shock as you make your moves at work. If possible, the boot should have a replaceable insole that helps to increase the cushioning level.
A good composite boot should also have a soft insole to avoid blisters on your feet when you rub against the leather. It should also be breathable to allow easy airflow and circulation into the bot whenever you sweat. Boots with moisture-wicking capabilities, in this case, are the best.
Work boots’ purpose is to help your work comfortably even in a challenging environment like slippery and wet areas. The best composite toe boots should have an excellent outsole that will grip your feet firmly even when working in a falling and slick environment.
No matter how heavy your work is, it would be best if you had a work boot that will last for some good years. The best composite toe work boot is that it is designed with a strong material that is of high-quality. Check on the Composite that is meant to last for an extended period.
If you are working in a cold environment and need a composite toe work boot that will keep your feet, you need to check if it is designed with thermal insulation. The feature is paramount as it keeps your feet in a warm mode as you will be working.
Composite toe boot Vs. Steel toe boot
Safety in our workplace is paramount more especially on the feet. The feet toe is one of the most exposed areas to hazardous objects. To achieve this, ANSI has set standards that work toe should have. The primary materials used are composite and steel toe caps.
The difference between the two is overwhelming more especially to beginners. Here is the comparison
Steel toe vs. Composite: comfort
Comfort is a significant concern about the two; steel toe caps are a bit heavier than composite toe caps, although this has a minimal effect on the available boot weight.
It should be understood that comfort is subjective and is based on individual preference. If you prefer a lightweight boot as you will be standing the whole day, then a composite toe is the best option.
Composite vs. steel toe: environment
If you work in a plain area, you can choose either. However, if your area is wet, we prefer Composite over steel because composite toe has excellent insulation that will keep your feet comfortable instead of steel toe work boots.
Composite vs. steel toe: work nature
A steel toe work boot is the best option if you are working in an area that is heavy-duty due to the toe’s high protection nature. With less heavy-duty, go with composite toe boots.
There is some slight difference between steel toe and composite toe work boots. The significant difference is based on the nature of protection and weight of the two.
How to clean work boots
work boots are one of the precious things that we own when it comes to working. To ensure that our shoes have stayed for an extended period, we need to clean them regularly. Two cleanings are done, outside and inside cleaning.
The cleaning involves various stages,
Clean-in this process and use a dry cloth and leather piece to wipe any dirt on the boot.
Conditioning– if the boot were cold, allow them dry before you apply the conditioner. You can rub some oil on the cloth piece and will enable the boot to dry before you wipe any excess oil on it.
Polish-once you have rubbed excess oil, you can polish or use circular stroke in buffing.
Inside cleaning is a process that can involve several activities like insole cleaning, smelly clean and kill off bacteria.
Cleaning insole- this process is vital to those people that have feet that sweets. The cleaning process involves taking away the insoles and washing them with a mild laundry detergent with warm water. Rinse the insole well and wait for them to dry before you insert them o the boot.
Odor or smelly cleaning- fill your two socks with tablespoons of baking soda and place them inside the boot and leave them overnight while tied well. The baking soda will absorb the bad smelly and freshly your boots.
Bacteria killing- put your boots on zippered plastic bags and keep them in the freezer overnight. The freezing temperature will kill the bacteria on your shoes overnight.
FAQ About Composite Toe Shoes
How to stretch composite toe boots?
stretching boots can be a trick if you are not aware of which method is the best. The most effective and accurate way of stretching work boots is through the use of a boot stretcher.
However, before you use the stretcher, spray it with the boot stretching spray, and I am sure you will have the perfect result.
How strong are composite toe boots?
Composite toe boots are made of non-metallic solid materials that can protect your feet toe. However, the toe is not that strong in that it can protect your feet toe from heavy-duty risks.
Due to this limitation, most heavy-duty workers prefer steel toe boots as they are stronger than Composite.
Our composite toe boots OSHA approved?
Most Composite toe work boots are designed with safety and protective features that meet ASTM and OSHA safety requirements.
They are made from materials like Kevlar, which are non-metallic and don’t conduct electricity. They are the boots that most electricians, contractors, and engineers alike.
Are our composite toe boots comfortable?
Yes, they are more comfortable, especially when working in a wet and less-duty environment. They keep your feet dry and warm, and hence you have a comfortable slip.
How much weight does it take to crush a steel toe boot?
This is one of the questions that are tricky to get the exact answer to. However, it is said that the steel toe is strong enough I that it can hold a weight of up to 3.5 ton. This is a clear indication that the steel toe can crush if the weight exceeds 3.5 tons.
Can steel toe boots cut your toes off?
The idea of a steel toe boot cutting your toe-off is a myth. The purpose of the toe is to protect your toe when an object falls on your feet. No research has shown that a steel toe can cut off your toe.
Whenever you are looking for the best composite toe boot, your primary focus should be on the boot’s safety and comfort. There are numerous composite work boots with various designs available in the market that you can choose depending on your need for work.
With our research and test of the various composite toe boots, Wolverine Men’s Legend waterproof composite toe work boots stood up to be the best one. This is because it comes with top-range features that make it comfortable and durable, and strong. Take your time to check on our list which of the top-rated ten boots do meet your work needs.