Frozen feet – is not only discomfort and painful sensations from the cold, but also a direct threat to health. For cold winter weather it is better not to save on shoes and buy quality boots (for example Salomon Fury 3) that keep your feet warm. On rainy days, when the air temperature is already dropping, you should not allow your feet to get wet. In this case it is also relevant to choose high-quality shoes that do not leak and have water-repellent properties.
Basic Tips to Keep Feet Warm in Boots
- Do not wear too tight shoes, they must be free. Wear winter boots with a warm wool sock. In the summertime wear sandals that are not too open. Shoes should be made of genuine leather, because artificial materials cause excessive sweating of the feet. Wet feet can risk getting cold quickly.
- A healthy lifestyle will reduce the predisposition to hypothermia. Daily morning exercises, rubbing the feet and body with a terry towel after a shower, walks in the fresh air are a must.
- The menu should necessarily include products that contain many vitamins and minerals: pumpkin, greens, radishes, beets, cabbage, and a variety of fruits. It is desirable to refrain from eating sweets and flour products.
- Apply a warming cream to the feet before going to bed.
- To improve blood circulation in the lower extremities, before going to bed, you can do foot baths with a contrast effect, alternately immersing the feet in cold and hot water.
- Prevention is the best way to stay warm. If any of your relatives have problems with the circulatory system, then you should not neglect preventive measures and try to avoid the discomfort of the cold in the feet: The well-known truth “movement is life” is relevant in this case. Therefore, by jogging or just walking, the circulatory system is pumped and the blood exchange is improved. It is also useful to walk barefoot.
- It is worth making a habit of daily foot massage before going to bed, using a massage mat, special balms or gels.
Way to Keep Feet Warm in Boots?
We will discuss 20 ways to warm up feet in boots as follows:
- If you neglect preventive measures and do not follow the advice on how to avoid hypothermia in the feet, then surely the frozen feet will make themselves felt with unpleasant sensations. In this case, the only thing on your mind will be how to be as soon as possible in a warm place and warm the frozen feet. To do this, there are many ways:
- The first thing to do is to take off the cold and possibly wet tights or socks and change into home clothes. This will create a feeling of coziness and warmth. Then immerse your feet in hot water, pre-salt it. The main thing is not to let the water get cold. The feeling of warmth should come quite quickly.
- Faster warming will help massage cream with a warming effect. It should be thoroughly rubbed into the skin on the feet, massaging movements.
- Natural wool socks are indispensable. They are good at retaining heat. To get warm faster, you can cover yourself with a warm blanket and drink hot tea.
- If you cannot soak your feet in hot water, a terry towel will do. Use massaging movements to rub each toe, but not too much, so as not to damage the skin. Then you can soak thin socks with alcohol (you can use vodka) and put them on your feet. Again cannot do without the woolen socks, which should be put on top of the previous and cover with a warm blanket.
- If in bad frosts do not help either warm shoes or thick socks, you need to make insoles from foil heat reflector, which is sold in any building department. To do this, cut out an insole of the right size and place it in the boots under an ordinary insole.
- A quick way to warm your feet is to use ground red pepper, which should be poured into thick socks and put them on your feet.
- A scented bath will not only warm, but also soothe tired legs. You will need 1 teaspoon of lavender or rosemary oil, 3 tablespoons of sea salt and about half a cup of milk. Dissolve it all in a go hot water and soak your feet in it.
- Hot tea has a warming effect. Its effect is greatly enhanced by the finely chopped ginger root and lemon juice, which should be added to the tea. Ginger not only destroys germs, but also disperses heat throughout the body, including the feet.
- Of course, it is more pleasant to keep warm at home in a comfortable environment. What to do if you have to work in a cold office where your feet are constantly freezing. The easiest and most affordable way is to drink hot tea, you can with the addition of herbs. This will help to avoid colds.
- In a cold office will be a real salvation modern innovations – USB-slippers. You just need to connect them through a special connector to the computer and put them on your feet. It takes just a few minutes to feel the beneficial warmth.
- Knowing that you have to work in a cold room, you should always have a supply of warm dry socks. To get the blood flowing in the feet and warm them up will help the warming massage. Which should be actively rubbing the feet and alternately all the fingers. This should be done until you feel a sense of warmth. After that, and useful spare dry socks.
- You can warm up your feet by actively moving your toes. Shoes that are too tight will not allow you to do this, so it will be better to take them off.
- Shaking movements will also help as exercises. By shaking the blood vessels and muscles increase blood flow and accelerate warming. You just need to shake your legs one at a time, walk and jump in place.
- Rolling movements from toe to heel and back are effective to warm up the limbs quickly.
- It is ideal to put a heater under your feet in a cold room. They come in different types and sizes, but equally capable of giving the necessary feeling of warm comfort.
- When you come home, you want to immediately get under a warm blanket and not sweat your feet. You can do it and the fastest way to get warm in this case will help an ordinary heating pad. If there is no such handy, it is quite suitable an ordinary plastic bottle with hot water. Attached to the feet, which first need to put on warm socks. Homemade cereals, such as buckwheat, rice or salt, heated in a frying pan, can be an alternative to water.
- If there is no possibility to change shoes or socks, you can use a hair dryer, warming the shoes from the inside. If necessary, the process can be repeated.
- For those who regularly suffer from hypothermia of the feet, it will be useful to use a warming cream, which can be prepared at home. There are many recipes, they may include beeswax, hazelnut oil, Shea butter, camphor. Such balms and creams should be stored in the refrigerator.
- If you have to stand in the cold for a long time, shoes can be insulated with paper insoles.
Overcooling in the street is the easiest and most common case of freezing limbs. But medics believe that age becomes the main cause of the feeling of constant cooling of the hands and feet. This is explained by age-related changes in the body, when all processes slow down and, as a consequence, blood circulation is disturbed. See a review of how to choose the right winter shoes or insulate the shoes in which you are now walking with minimal cost.